The Territory Sales position supervises and manages the daily activities within their respective assigned business and territory and is engaged in promoting and selling Macurco products and services as defined. The Territory Sales position is responsible for revenue generation within the respective territory and business unit as well as selection, evaluation of and management of sales channels. The Territory Sales position will also drive pull-through sales via direct sales efforts with key end-users, Engineering Firms and EPC’s, Bid and Spec’s, Contractors, Integrators and other related contacts as necessary to meet Territory and Company goals. The Territory Sales position will provide sales channel, end-user, competitive Intel and Industry trends and information to leadership.
- Continuously evaluates sales channels and makes necessary changes as needed to increase market presence in the affected industry and territory.
- Initiates and negotiates Distribution and Representative Agreements and structure for the respective territory. Works closely with team members regarding cross-territory representation.
- Works directly with the Director of Sales in the attainment of sales plans and targets (network, volumes, profitability) to ensure Business Segment, Territory and Company results are achieved.
- Supports sales channels and end-users via personal visits, telephone, E-mail, and written means as required.
- Ensures that sales channels have adequate demonstration equipment, product literature, marketing support, and pricing.
- Provides sales and product training to sales channels, contractors, engineers, and end-users, as necessary.
- Participates in product demonstrations with sales channels as well end-users as required.
- Assists sales channels and customers in application assessment and providing the best solution.
- Uses multiple resources to proactively identify and develop new sales channels and end-user customers. (Word of Mouth, Trade Show Leads, Industry Publications, Construct Connect, MANA, CSIA, etc.)
- Maintains and cultivates relationships with the existing customer base.
- Establishes and maintains partnership relationships with Representation within Territory.
- Ensures that all customer information is complete, current, and accurate within company database. (Business Central)
- Provides accurate, timely, and relevant information as required via required reporting.
- Assists sales channels with project-based opportunities regarding the application, product specification, pricing, and proposals.
- The Territory Sales position will be competent with all related products and capable of providing product presentations to sales channels and customers as required.
- Effectively gathers industry and competitive trends and Intel and shares with the team to ensure best strategies are implemented.
- Collaborates regularly with colleagues to exchange information and discuss selling strategies or marketing information.
- Assists Technical Support and Training Departments by providing customer-based, timely, and relevant VOC.
- Attends all sales meetings and submits sales activity reports as required.
- Attends and supports Trade Shows and other Marketing Events as required.
- Performs other duties as required by the business as they arise.
- Associate or Bachelor’s degree (Preferred) – course work in Business, Marketing, Communications, etc., or significant relative industry experience.
- Business Development or Regional Sales Management in related industries preferred:
- 5+ years of Gas Detection (Preferred), Industrial Automation and Controls, HVAC, Security Systems, Fire Alarm, Building Automation and Controls
- Strong attention to details
- Eligible to obtain a passport
- Project Management / Organizational Skills
- Personable with excellent communication skills; Listening, Verbal and written delivery, Inquisitive and probing nature
- Familiarity with industrial communication protocols: Analog (4 – 20 mA), Modbus, HART, Wireless technologies, Relay logic, Cellular / Satellite Remote Monitoring
- Solid understanding of sensor technologies; Electrochemical, Catalytic Bead, Infrared, Solid State, Photoionization with awareness and adaptability to emerging technologies
- Ideally, possesses some familiarity with Flame Detection technologies: UV, UV/IR, Multi-IR
- Fluency in industry standards, practices, and regulations. Engages with industry bodies that set standards and harness insights from market and customer process expertise.
- Familiarity with Hazardous / Non-Hazardous Location requirements
- Ability to quickly grasp complex technical concepts and make them easily understandable in text, diagrams, and graphics
- Ability to read project drawings and specifications and provide markups as required
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office products (Outlook, Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Visio, Business Central, etc.)
- Fluency in AutoCAD, Adobe Illustrator, or SOLIDWORKS (desirable)
- CRM familiarity and commitment to data input for Team visibility
- Ability to sit at a desk for long periods of time
- Occasional lifting up to 75 pounds as frequently as needed to move objects
- Dexterity to write and manipulate computer keyboard and mouse, tools, and controls on office equipment.
- Body mobility to stoop, kneel, bend and reach.
To apply please click here