SUMMARY: The Senior Accountant works to facilitate the distribution, management, and documentation of the company’s financial resources. The Senior Accountant is responsible for a company’s financial procedures, records, and statements for compliance with laws and regulations.
- Administer month-end close (prepare/enter adjusting journal entries & reconcile balance sheet accounts)
- Under limited supervision, analyzes financial information detailing assets, liabilities & capital, and prepares/compiles monthly financial statements (income statement, balance sheet, and borrowing base)
- Comply with Generally Accepted Accounting Principles (GAAP) for financial Statements
- Other functions include:
- Fixed asset control and depreciation
- Accrual to meet anticipated liabilities
- Preparation of general tax reports for sales and payroll – assisting with outsourced reporting
- Other reports to summarize current and/or projected company financial position
- File multistate sales/use tax returns & ensure proper sales tax calculation on invoices
- Analyze financial reports
- Prepare documentation for External Auditors and respond to inquiries to annual review of financial statements
- Manage all incoming & outgoing payments
- Prepare bi-weekly payroll to include maintenance of records, processing payroll, computation of federal and state payroll liability
- Backup AR/AP and bank reconciliation as needed
- Develop, implement, modify, and document record-keeping and accounting processes, making use of current computer technology
- Implement procedures to ensure compliance with financial laws and regulations
- Implement accountability systems and internal controls that prevent errors and inaccurate accounting documents
- Approve new customers & vendors
- May also provide special project assistance to the Controller
- Bachelor’s in Accounting / Business / Administration or equivalent degree. (Minimum)
- 5-10 years of related accounting experience required
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills with practical business acumen
- Expert knowledge of accounting and financial principles, regulations, and best practices
- Ability to deal successfully with complexities of a rapidly expanding organization
- Must be able to exercise independent judgment and decision-making skills
- Proven accounting skills and interest in performing accounting duties
- High level of attention to detail, highly organized, able to multi-task and prioritize effectively
- Ability to plan and manage projects within time constraints
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
- Collaboration and teamwork skills
- Advanced computer skills in MS Office, accounting software, and databases
- Paylocity Business Central experience preferred but not required
- Ability to sit at a desk for long periods of time.
- Occasional lifting up to 50 pounds as frequently as needed to move objects.
- Dexterity to write and manipulate computer keyboard and mouse, tools, and controls on office equipment.
- Body mobility to stoop, kneel, bend and reach.