The Operations Manager will oversee the Production Supervisor and Quality Assurance Technician in the Manufacturing department. This individual will be responsible for providing efficiencies in the production area, meeting deadlines, mitigating quality issues, and managing interdepartmental communications while operating within budget. The Operations Manager maintains expert knowledge of internal manufacturing processes and continually improves processes and procedures to ensure that goals are met, with limited issues related to processes or finished products.
- Hire, Train, and Manage Production Supervisor and Quality Assurance Technician.
- Develop among assigned personnel a consciousness of the need for teamwork to attain department objectives.
- Plan and direct an efficient layout of equipment and flow of materials.
- Plan, schedule, and manage all manufacturing production processes.
- Monitor operations throughout the company and looks for ways to increase productivity and lower costs.
- Coordinate with other support departments such as human resources, finance, and logistics to ensure successful production operations.
- Ensure manufacturing performance, volume, and quality goals are met by utilizing efficient methods and maintaining appropriate staffing levels.
- Prepare and review operational reports and schedules to ensure accuracy and efficiency.
- Manage subordinate staff in the day-to-day performance of their jobs.
- Ensure that project/department milestones/goals are met while adhering to approved budgets.
- In-depth knowledge of all department processes.
- Review operations and creates solutions to resolve production or processing problems, conferring with technical or administrative staff when needed.
- Develop (or implement) production tracking or quality control systems, analyzing production, quality control, maintenance, or other operational reports, to detect production problems.
- Create forecasting plans and communicate the production needs to purchasing.
- Establish or implements departmental policies, goals, objectives, or procedures in conjunction with management.
- Identify areas of process improvement.
- Create and implement innovative production solutions to improve workflows and minimize points of friction.
- Communicate with other department managers to ensure all are aware of production constraints and orders are properly managed.
- Categorize corrective issues and decide corrective action course.
- Develop process documentation and work instructions.
- Analyze nonconforming material trends. Reports on results and develops solutions when data supports a process change.
- Perform technical verifications for key manufacturing components.
- Ensure all product costs are properly accounted for. Analyzes labor costs and adjusts as needed.
- Focus on continuous improvement throughout the company.
- Participate in leadership meetings and provide meaningful input.
- Travel – 0-10%.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Bachelor’s Degree – Electrical/Industrial/Mechanical Engineering or its equivalent.
- Prior Experience to Include –
- 5+ Years’ Experience – Electronics/Box Build Manufacturing
- Process Engineering
- Manufacturing Scheduling,
- Advanced computer skills in MS Office.
- Business Central experience is preferred but not required.
- Effectively manage time and resources, able to juggle multiple projects and meet tight deadlines.
- Results-driven, highly organized, and detail-oriented.
- Excellent management and supervisory skills.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Ability to sit at a desk for long periods of time.
- Occasional lifting up to 50 pounds as frequently as needed to move objects.
- Dexterity to write and manipulate computer keyboard and mouse, tools, and controls on office equipment.
- Body mobility to stoop, kneel, bend and reach.