Macurco Gas Detection is a proven technology leader that owns and manufactures its own gas detection technology and is looking to add a part-time Accounting Assistant/Bookkeeper to their team. Macurco Gas Detection provides the highest level of quality, value, and satisfaction to its customers around the world by utilizing leaders in the global safety, construction, fire and security detection/prevention installation and sales. This individual will be an asset to the team by preparing payroll, performing accounts payable duties, bookkeeping, and more.
What you will do:
- Maintains payroll to include maintenance of records, processing paychecks, computation of federal and state payroll liability.
- Performs accounts payable duties such as verifying all invoices for payment, ensuring expenditures are charged to appropriate accounts.
- Three-way match the invoice, the purchase order, and the receiving report – to verify a payment should be made.
- Use Tax tracking
- Debit, credit, and total accounts on computer spreadsheets and databases, using specialized accounting software.
- Comply with federal, state, and company policies, procedures, and regulations.
- Compile statistical, financial, accounting or auditing reports and tables pertaining to such matters as cash receipts, expenditures, accounts payable and receivable, and profits and losses.
- Code documents according to company procedures.
- Provides backup assistance to accounts receivables when necessary.
- Reconcile or note and report discrepancies found in records.
- Other duties as assigned, including assisting with phone coverage.
What you will need:
- Prefer 3 to 5 years of bookkeeping or office management experience with an Associate degree or equivalent training and education beyond high school
- Previous experience in Bookkeeping and Payroll functions
- Proficient in Microsoft Office products and intermediate level in Excel
- Strong attention to detail
- Knowledge of Business Dynamics, preferred
- Organized with a high level of attention to detail and accuracy
What you will get:
- Competitive pay
- Flexible work schedule 20-25 hours per week
Equal Opportunity Employer